Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI’s) in Calgary & Edmonton
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A brain injury is often called an “invisible” injury. A person who suffers a brain injury may appear “normal” to outside observers, while the effect of a brain injury can have a catastrophic effect on that person’s life. Even so-called “mild” traumatic brain injuries can have a dramatic impact on quality of life.
Some traumatic brain injuries require urgent surgeries right away. For many traumatic brain injuries, future treatment may include cognitive therapies, speech and language therapies and support with activities of daily living.
Common Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
The Head injury lawyers at RecoverWell understand that someone with a mild traumatic brain injury may experience the following symptoms:
- Slowness in thinking due to the brain injury
- Mental confusion
- Dizziness, loss of balance
- Sensitivity to light and sounds
- Getting lost or confused
- Difficulty finding words as a result of the brain injury
- Memory problems
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood changes, irritability
Someone with a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury may experience the same symptoms as someone with a mild traumatic brain injury as well as the following symptoms:
- Loss of coordination
- Repeated vomiting or nausea
- Inability to awaken from sleep
- Slurred speech as a result of the brain injury
- Increased confusion, restlessness or agitation due to the effects of the brain injury
- A headache that gets worse or does not go away
- Convulsions or seizures
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Dilation of one or both pupils of the eyes
RecoverWell’s Head Injury Lawyers have specific experience in dealing with traumatic brain injuries. Phone 1 (844) 512-4098 or use the contact form on this page to book a FREE consultation now.
Disclaimer: The information displayed anywhere on this website is NOT a substitute for professional medical advice.